Re: Why or why not?

From: bill r wald (billwald@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 12:12:11 EST

    Dear Silk

    Whatever the first cause, this universe seems to have perfect basic
    design - that is the physical relationships and balance of basic
    components and this planet seems perfect for humans although if we had
    evolved on Mars I suppose I would think mars was perfect.

    When people claim a basic design defect due to God's curse in Genesis 3 -
    which is obviously misinterpreted because of St Paul's hyperble - I ask
    what they would change to make the universe better? The charge on an
    electron? Planck's Constant? The ratio of hydrogen to helium?

    Your argument presupposes a psychopatic god who was smart enough to
    create (design) this universe and sane enough to stop messing with it
    when the job was done i.e. recognize perfection.

    Problem Reminds me of artists I see at the county fair. They seem to have
    excellent mechanical skills but they don't know when to stop painting.
    One morning I saw a guy working on a painting that looked good to me.
    Later in the day he was still working on it and it had been trashed. He
    tried to micro-manage the canvass.

    billwald@juno.com