Romance, Preferences & Charles Darwin..............

From: silk (smbc1@wxs.nl)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 05:55:28 EST

    From: Rachel: . Humans are born with the...how do I put it, "drive" to
    propagate the species, and homosexuality negates this purpose.

    Hi me, Silk: Well I'm not gay & have no reason to harbor any grudges against them. Actually I've known more boys (guys) that have been molested by so called "straight men" so figure? But I sought to reply to your message in this manner as this is a "Philosophy" oriented list [among other things], Ok lets take a minute to consider this? As you may be aware "Genetics" seems to be "the new kid on the block" these days {as concerns so called intellectuals} & this is a theory & a not so sci-fi one at all so I'm lead to believe: Bear in mind that the universe is 15 billion years old (so we are told by they, whoever they are) & that earth is 4.5 billion years old & that mankind has common has a common ancestor {perhaps adam & eve} in that we all are cut from the same cloth [genetic material] & that mankind, having been in one way or another evolving since the get go, day one of time here, were that ever, & presently is what it (mankind ) is for better or worse?! Furthermore that mankind is more or less as it is (appearance wise & sundry) for the last 10,000 years? Once again bearing in mind that 10,000 years when contrasted against 15 billion is to say the least but a 1/2 of a drop in the bucket, to say the least!! N'est-ce pas? Point: Man & its ultimate "thing to be" has hardly even begun to begin to unfold into to what it will eventually
    be, be that ever?! In short there's more to come, much more so the future cannot at all be determined by glimpses of the past! Ok the scenario is set so........ Where am I going with all this?? Science now tells us that men & women "getting it on" [fornicating] so as to reproduce will soon be a thing of the past?! How so? Ok fasten your mental seat belts: It shall soon, very, be possible to take an unfertilized egg & remove its contents & thereafter
    insert the material from one cell of an individual, say either male or female, & using electrical scientific methodology "kick start" this egg so as to fertilize it & presto!
    You have an organism on the threshold of life evolving into a fully adult human being with all the trimmings! Furthermore that a male sperm will no longer be one of the requirements for pro-creation! And you can take that to the bank! In other words I have just utterly destroyed your argument (see above first line from Rachel)?! N' est-ce pas!! The stage is set for the unfolding of an even greater phenomenon than now exists today! Mass
    homosexuality!! The new trend as mankind further evolves & none dare call it treason!! I'm not saying that I'm ready to turn over a new leaf nor that I ever would switch my preference from women to men but you must admit (statistics prove) that women (men as well) do tend to become rather borish & superficial after the initial flair of romance, as the novelty wears off, after the "conquest hath been made!" Thus the greater % of breakups than
    "stay together relationships"......Oh well time will tell just who has fell& who's been left behind!

                                                                                                 chao/Silk