Re: AutismUK and the TF

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 13:05:32 EST

    When did Josephus allegedly write the TF and the other quote? Christianity,
    as a religion, was around before the final edition of the New Testament was
    put together, so mightn't Josephus simply have heard stories that
    originated from Christians? Where did he supposedly get *his* evidence? I
    ask because it seems an obviously relevant consideration, and because, even
    today, we hear all sorts of marvelous stories that turn out to be nothing
    more than the kind of memetic hokum that grows in any culture of credulous
    people (such as ours).

    Even if we assume that Josephus wrote *exactly* what is attributed to him,
    and wrote it during the time that Jesus supposedly lived, it still does not
    seem like very good evidence for the reality of Jesus, and even less good
    as evidence for Jesus's supposed marvels, and certainly not good evidence
    for any claim that Jesus was somehow associated with any God that we might
    assume to have existed at the time, and absolutely worthless as evidence
    that there *is* such a God.

    I think that about sums the issue up.

    --Chris