Re: Daniel's 70 `weeks' #6 (was How to prove supernaturalism?)

From: AutismUK@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 01 2001 - 12:22:37 EST

    In a message dated 31/12/00 15:15:37 GMT Standard Time, sejones@iinet.net.au
    writes:

    > No. There was no time for these stories to become myths. There were too
    many
    > eyewitnesses and too many named names, dates and facts.

    There was plenty of time for these stories to become myths ; or to
    continue to be stories. The number of eyewitnesses is grossly
    exaggerated, usually by adding in the arbitrary "500". Few dates
    are given. Some "Facts" are clearly erroneous.

    > Besides, if they were myths, Josephus could have punctured them..
    > He was born in Jerusalem 4-7 years after Jesus' death and he confirmed
    > the historicity of Jesus and many key New Testament characters.

    And you wonder why I don't take you seriously ? Josephus did, just,
    confirm Jesus historicity, and the existence of John the Baptist
    and probably one or two other characters mentioned in the Gospels.

    Implicit in your inane remark is that Josephus knew the "facts"
    were true. Why then, did he continue to be a Jew for so long ?
    (Despite your apparently completely made up claim that he
    became a Christian ?) Why did he write so little about Jesus ?
    Why was this not used by early Christian apologists ? (who quoted
    Josephus in support). Why are you about the only person on the
    planet who thinks the TF is real ? Why does your position make
    no sense ?