Re: Seasons Greetings & Farewell

From: Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 20:57:43 EST

    Reflectorites

    First, may I wish each of you and yours a happy, healthy and safe
    Christmas-New Year season.

    Second, I am planning to un - sub - scribe (the hyphens are deliberate to
    trick Majordomo!) from the Reflector sometime before 1 January 2001
    (sooner rather than later). My son sold me his faster computer several
    months ago and I have been waiting for the Reflector to close down so I
    could reinstall my emailer without the Reflector's folders. Now it is the
    Christmas-New Year break I have decided to un - sub - scribe anyway. I
    say this to give a few days warning so that Reflectorites don't spend
    time in responding to my posts that I may not read.

    I won't initiate any new posts and I will try to answer any outstanding posts.
    But I may not be able to - I currently have about 15 outstanding Reflector
    posts addressed to me and it is unlikely I will be able to answer them all,
    so I may have to prioritise.

    So I will take this opportunity to express my thanks to all those who over
    the last 5+ years who have debated with me on the Reflector? I particularly
    want to thank those who have criticised my ideas, thus helping me improve
    them.

    But I especially want to thank those evolutionists who have attacked me
    personally. I am not being sarcastic-I *really* mean it. Apart from
    confirming to me how shaky evolution is (what other scientific theory needs
    to personally attack its critics as "ignorant, stupid or insane ... or wicked"?),
    I have learnt much from such attacks character-wise. If it is not a wise
    saying it should be, that: "It is better to be criticised by one's enemies
    than praised by one's friends"!

    Fortunately many of you have transferred over to eGroups so I look
    forward to continuing our debates there. For those who aren't transferring
    to eGroups, farewell, and thanks for *everything*.

    "And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch
    over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the
    glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel
    said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that
    will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been
    born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find
    a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great
    company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and
    saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom
    his favor rests." (Luke 2:8-14)
    Stephen E. Jones | Ph. +61 8 9448 7439 | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sejones