Re: Religious Beliefs that *Require* the Falsehood of Scientific Theories (wa...

From: bill r wald (billwald@juno.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 11:10:32 EST

    Dear Chris

    Obviously, for the same reasons we cannot disprove determinism in this
    area, we also cannot prove determinism by empirical means. So, I'm not
    claiming determinism on a purely scientific basis, but on the basis of
    philosophical premises (i.e., that the physical universe is real,
    logically (and therefore causally) consistent, etc.). Therefore, I don't
    offer the above comments as strong positive support, but merely as
    defense of the possibility.
    <<<<

    On the same basis, one can't prove or disprove the existance of free
    will.

    billwald@juno.com
    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.