Re: ID and YEC in" Geotimes"

From: Keith Littleton (littlejo@vnet.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 19:56:03 EST

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 DNAunion@aol.com wrote:

    > letters about Intelligent Design and Young Earth
    > creationism in "Geotimes," the magazine of the
    > American Geological Institute. They include:...
    >
    > DNAunion: I am curious how geology plays a *major*
    > role in ID such that a magazine by the American
    > Geological Institute would have frequent articles on
    > ID.

    Geotimes is a magazine that concerns itself with
    the Earth Sciences as indicated by the prefix
    "Geo." Since paleontology is an Earth Science,
    then it is perfectly appropriate that it should
    discuss I.D. as it pertains to paleontology and
    science education. Nothing mysterious about
    that. :-)

    Keith Littleton
    littlejo@vnet.net
    New Orleans, LA

    The Modern Pledge of Allegiance

    "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the multinational
    corporations and to the profit for which they stand.
    One interlocking directorate under government,
    indivisible with monopoly and cheap labor for all."

    -- U. Utah Phillips on "Loafer's Glory"