Re: ID and Creationism

From: Susan Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 15:05:20 EST

    > >>The purpose of high school
    >>> is to produce entry level cannon fodder for regional employers -
    >
    >>A similarly cynical view of churches is that they exist not to educate
    >>people about Jesus, but to provide money and power gratification for
    >
    >Except that Congress and Dept of Education has mandated that all children
    >be trained for the local job market. I forget the name of the program but
    >it has been discussed locally.

    But are the high school graduates compelled to take certain jobs at
    graduation? How is this enforced?

    Susan

    --

    I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/