chance and selection

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 18:54:53 EST

    TO: Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu (Susan Cogan)

    Susan:
    >Are you a creationist? Not exactly. You freely borrow ideas
    >from creationists if they seem to agree with you. You seem to have
    >accepted their definition of evolution uncritically and are as
    >ignorant about actual evolution as they generally are.

    Bertvan
    And I've come to the conclusion you are sincerely and blissfully oblivious of
    what civil debate should be. If you regard someone as ignorant, you
    shouldn't be having a discussion with them. However you define "evolution",
    I have stated repeatedly that I am only skeptical of "chance and selection"
    as the explanation of it. You apparently believe "chance and selection" are
    the mechanism for the creation of information and nature's complexity. Is
    there any reason besides our disagreement on this point that you have
    declared my ignorance?

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan