Re: Dembski's `The Design Inference' peer reviewed? (was Examples of natural ...

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 15:15:03 EST

    In a message dated 11/10/00 5:47:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    AutismUK@aol.com writes:

    << Steve Jones:
      One must admire Richard's "attack is the best defence" strategy! On his
      own criteria, he, with a BSc in Statistics, can argue for "Darwinian
      evolution" but Johnson being a Doctor of Jurisprudence (and a senior
      Professor of Law) cannot. And that with Johnson reading almost all the
      modern "Darwinian evolution" literature over the last 15 years and Richard
      hardly having read any of it! >> >>

    Let's look at this again:

    "And that with Johnson reading almost all the modern "Darwinian evolution"
    literature over the last 15 years and Richard hardly having read any of it."

    Doing a simple Pubmed search for "Darwinian evolution" I got 317 hits.
    Searching for "biological evolution" returns over 2,000.

    I seriously doubt that Johnson has read 'almost all' the modern literature.
    Unless, of course, Steve means popular books. Looking at the references in
    'Darwin on Trial,' it is a safe bet that Steve is merely engaging in his
    usual hero-worship embellishment.