Re: Daniel's 70 `weeks' (was How to prove supernaturalism?)

From: AutismUK@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 05:24:32 EST

    In a message dated 01/11/00 06:45:45 GMT Standard Time, ccogan@telepath.com
    writes:

    Chris
     I do want to comment at this point that the "evidence" for the existence of
     Jesus appears, as far as I've been able to find out from Christians,
     consists exclusively of the New Testament and claims of other people
     *after* the relevant stories that ended up in the New Testament were
     written. I think the evidence shows, almost *conclusively*, that Jesus did
     *not* exist and do the things he is claimed to have done.

    Paul Robson:
     Yes and no. IMO it is not that "Jesus" did not exist ; he probably did as
     the Jesus of 'Q' or the Seminar. The Jesus that "did not exist" is the
     Jesus of the Gospels, for whom there is no evidence at all beyond the
     "Holy Book" despite that book commenting of Jesus's actions being
     well known. Theists, please don't quote Suetonius/Tacitus/Thallus/
     Josephus at me. I know what they say, they either provide evidence
     for the existence of the non-Christ Jesus, or the existence of Christians.