Re: Phil Johnson on the Second Law of Thermodynamics

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 18:23:41 EDT

    Mitochondira in bacteria?

    I Just realized I said the following:

    >>>DNAunion: First, let's start from the building blocks and see if we get
    life. Take a single bacterium and rupture its cell wall and plasma membrabe
    so that its
    contents leak out, but remain confined to the area immediately surrounding
    the bacterium. Those INTACT, PREEXISTING ENZYMES, DNA, RIBOSOMES,
    MITOCHONDRIA, ...

    Oops! I was mixing up thought experiments - one with cells in general and
    one with bacteria - in my head when I reached up in there are started
    grabbing items for my list. Please disregard any mention I made of
    mitochondria in direct relation to bacteria.