RE: But is it deception?

From: Troy Britain (troybritain@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 03:31:39 EDT

     Hi all,

     W.E.>> Gold's implication is that Wells didn't get into Darwin-bashing
    *until* he was in his graduate program in embryology. The above, read by
    the uninformed, might give the impression that Wells derived his
    anti-Darwinian stances from what he learned in his graduate studies.
    Interesting. <<

     Just to add to Wesley's point:

     *********************

     Darwinism: Why I Went for a Second Ph.D.

     by Jonathan Wells, Ph.D.-Berkeley, CA

     At the end of the Washington Monument rally in September, 1976, I was
    admitted to the second entering class at Unification Theological Seminary.
    During the next two years, I took a long prayer walk every evening. I asked
    God what He wanted me to do with my life, and the answer came not only
    through my prayers, but also through Father's [Rev. Sun Myung Moon - TB]
    many talks to us, and through my studies. Father encouraged us to set our
    sights high and accomplish great things.

     He also spoke out against the evils in the world; among them, he frequently
    criticized Darwin's theory that living things originated without God's
    purposeful, creative activity. My studies included modern theologians who
    took Darwinism for granted and thus saw no room for God's involvement in
    nature or history; in the process, they re- interpreted the fall, the
    incarnation, and even God as products of human imagination.

     Father's words, my studies, and my prayers convinced me that I should
    devote my life to destroying Darwinism, just as many of my fellow
    Unificationists had already devoted their lives to destroying Marxism. When
    Father chose me (along with about a dozen other seminary graduates) to enter
    a Ph.D. program in 1978, I welcomed the opportunity to prepare myself for
    battle.

     See: http://www.tparents.org/Library/Unification/Talks/Wells/DARWIN.htm for
    the rest of this article.

     Bye