Re: Jonathan Wells' new book Icons of Evolution: The Cambrian Explosion

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 13:33:38 EDT

    In a message dated 10/21/2000 1:11:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    sejones@iinet.net.au writes:

    << >>>SJ>[the section following this deals with problems in molecular
     phylogeny]

    >HX>I would be most interested in this section.....
    >>
    >>How about it Steve?

     SJ>So would I, but that is how it was posted on the other List I am on.
    Maybe
    >Huxter will have to buy the book?

     [..]

     HX>Or maybe Steve will not post snippets of books he doesn't have either

     Sorry to disappoint Huxter but I will continue to post what *I* think is
     interesting in the creation/evolution - ID/Darwinism debate, whether
     Huxter likes it or not!

    =================================
    Cute, but that was not the point. *You* post things that you might find
    interesting but are admittedly unable to discuss in depth. It doesn't matter
    whether or not I or anyone else likes it. But it should matter to the
    participants that you are in effect acting as an ad-man, and not much else.

     Most " snippets of books" that I post, I do have the books. But in the case
     of Well's new book, "Icons of Evolution", there is no way I could have it
     yet in Australia, and I made it clear I got the excerpt from another Lis >>

    So why post 'snippets' then?