Re: for SJones (was: mtDNA etc...)

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 13:30:31 EDT

    >>Huxter: Sure. My name is Scott L. Page, Ph.D. [...]

    I did my graduate research under the tutelage of Morris Goodman, who is
    widely recognized as the world's leading expert on the molecular evolution of
    primates. My publications include:[note: the greek letters did not
    translate when I pasted these - I'm sure you can get the gist]

    Page, S.L., and Goodman, M. Catarrhine Phylogeny: Noncoding DNA Evidence for
    a Diphyletic Origin of the Mangabeys and for a Human-Chimp Clade. Molecular
    Phylogenetics and Evolution, (in press).

    Page, S.L., Chiu, C-H., and Goodman, M. Molecular phylogeny of Old World
    monkeys (Cercopithecidae) as inferred from a-globin DNA sequences. Molecular
    Phylogenetics and Evolution, Mol. Phylogenet. & Evol. 13(2):348-359, 1999.

    Chaves, R., Sampaio, I., Schneider, M. P., Schneider, H., Page, S. L., and
    Goodman, M. The place of Callimico goeldii in the callitrichine phylogenetic
    tree: evidence from von Willebrand factor gene (vWF) intron II sequences.
    Mol. Phylogenet. & Evol., Mol. Phylogenet. & Evol. 13(2):392-404, 1999.

    Goodman, M., Page, S.L., Meireles, C.M., and Czelusniak, J. Primate
    phylogeny and classification elucidated at the molecular level. In:
    Evolutionary Theory and Processes: Modern Perspectives, S.P. Wasser (ed.),
    Kluwer Academic Publishers b.v., Dordrecht, The Netherlands, pp. 193-212,
    1999.

    Goodman, M., Porter, C.A., Czelusniak, J., Page, S.L., Schneider, H.,
    Shoshani, J., Gunnell, G., and Groves, C.P. Toward a phylogenetic
    classification of primates based on DNA evidence complemented by fossil
    evidence. Mol. Phylogenet. & Evol. 9:585-598, 1998.

    Meireles, C.M., Czelusniak, J., Page, S.L., Gumucio, D.L., Schneider, M.P.C.,
    and Goodman, M. Testing a model of the fetal recruitment of a-globin genes
    in callitrichine New World monkeys. Blood Cells, Molecules, and Diseases
     24:491, 1998.

    Porter, C.A., Page, S.L.,Czelusniak, J.C., Schneider, H., Schneider, M.P.C.,
    Sampaio, I., and Goodman, M. Phylogeny and evolution of selected primates
    as determined by sequences of the e-globin locus and 5' flanking regions.
     International Journal of Primatology 18:261-295, 1997.

    DNAunion: May I ask you a question. Are you Pantrog?

    Here are some of my reasons for thinking that you *might* be Pantrog.

    (1)You have been published more than 3 times. Pantrog at ARN stated that he
    had more published papers than the ID proponents he was countering, and I
    believe they had published around 3 or so.

    (2) You have been published almost entirely in relation to primates. Pantrog
    (Pan troglodite) is some kind of chimpanzee (can't remember off the top of my
    head just what type).

    (3) Pantrog said that his publications were related to primate evolution, as
    are yours.

    (4) Pantrog posted recently at MetaCrock's - a small site with very few
    members on the science board - from which you extracted a lot of my material
    to show that I posted under multiple names there, showing that you too had
    recent familiarity with the site.

    (5) Pantrog posted at ARN, a site you also seemed to have recent familiarity
    with, and one of the 3 only sites I had posted at prior to this one.

    (6) You seem to have wanted to "do me in" from the beginning, as if you and I
    had a recent volatile relationship: as Pantrog and I have recently had.

    (7) When you stated I had posted under different names at different times, to
    the best of my recollection, I countered that you *might* have done so by
    posting under the name Pantrog. You never denied it.

    Not conclusive evidence, but suggestive nonetheless. I tried posting this to
    you privately, but you have "killfiled" me, so I can't. Perhaps you will
    pick this up directly from the Calvin site and respond.