IDer's ad hominems against evolutionist disassociated from (CSI, GAs,

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 20:21:47 EDT

    Susan;
    >Agnostics question everything. Motives, intelligence, honest and
    >sincerity are not sacred cows, above or outside what can be
    >questioned.

    Bertvan;
    This particular agnostic might question all of the above, but I can't imagine
    wanting to engage in serious discussion about ideas with someone I regarded
    as stupid, dishonest, insincere or having ulterior motives. What would be
    the purpose? Even if you could show someone was one of the above, it would
    say nothing about the validity of their ideas. I doubt there is a
    controversy other than Darwinism where professionals are as quickly denounced
    as stupid by people who probably have no credentials. Eminent mathematicians
    are dismissed as only a mathematician -- by people who probably aren't even
    mathematicians. Johnson is dismissed as only a lawyer by people who wouldn't
    have the ability to become lawyers. You, Susan, have even called Dawkins,
    the ultimate Darwinist, an "idiot". I have many disagreements Dawkins, but
    I assume he is intelligent, honest and sincere, as are many people whose
    beliefs differ from mine.

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan