Could it be that FMAJ finally gets it?????

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 06:20:34 EDT

    DNAunion: In reply to FMAJ's "Re; NS and Intelligent Designers" reply posted
    10/16/2000.

    >> DNAunion: Yes, but I have already made several posts in reply to FMAJ that
     mention you - as he repeatedly mentions you and your conclusions. My basic
    claims have been (1) NATURAL selection cannot include intelligence and
    design, as per Darwin, and (2) that your conclusions are not necessarily an
    accurate representation of Dembski's statements/beliefs.

    >>FMAJ: One is irrelevant

    >>DNAunion: Yet you asked me to support it? Why would you make me waste my
    time on something that is irrelevant? Sounds like a mere tactic to me. In
    addition, why did you challenge my statement, repeatedly, if it was
    irrelevant? And do you now give up simply because your "superhero" Elseberry
    says that I was correct all along? Does Elseberry outrank Darwin on NATURAL
    selection?

    >>FMAJ: I asked you to support 1) to show that if Dembski's ID cannot
    exclude natural selection as an intelligent designer that there must be
    something wrong.

    DNAunion: Yes, so 1) is relevant. But you stated above that it wasn't?!?!?!
     FMAJ again falls prey to self-contradiction.

    […]

    > >FMAJ: and (2) remains unsupported.

    >>DNAunion: Nothing to support. I did not say Elseberry's representation was
    not accurate, I said it is not necessarily accurate. Furthermore, as I have
    stated repeatedly, it is up to Elseberry and Dembski to settle the issue as
    it is their positions (and others have already misrepresented Dembski's EF).

    >>FMAJ: Nothing to support? That's nice. So your assertions are merely
    'academic'

    DNAunion: I have not stated here that Elseberry is wrong, only that he
    *could be* wrong.

    […more hero worship by FMAJ snipped]

    >>FMAJ: Care to take on the task to show that it is inaccurate?

    >>DNAunion: What, are you unable to understand something even when told 5
    times! Or do you just not accept what others say.

    >>FMAJ: Not without supporting evidence.

    DNAunion: Please tell me why I am required to support my own personal
    statement, such as "I will not address the issue"? Are you asking me to find
    an article in Science or Nature that states, "DNAunion will not address
    Wesley Elseberry's conclusion"? Is that what it would take to satisfy you?
    Look, *I* am the ultimate authority on my own views and positions - I am my
    own supporting evidence for what I said. Yet you refuse to accept it. Go
    figure.

    >>FMAJ: But I now understand that you have no supporting evidence that
    Wesley's argument is inaccurate.

    DNAunion: I also have no supporting evidence that Wesley's argument is
    accurate. Get it yet - I don't claim to be informed enough about all aspects
    of the issue to address it.

    >>DNAunion: And I stated (2) without reading all of your material FMAJ
    posted.

    > >FMAJ: So you were not aware of the full argument then?

    >> DNAunion: Well, we at least know you can read.

    >>FMAJ: No need to be upset.

    DNAunion: No need to ignore what I have said multiple times either, but you
    still do.

    >>DNAunion: I based it on simple logic and experience. Many anti-ID
    scientists (such as Dave Ussery, and Robison from Talk.Origins) have drawn
    their own conclusions of what Behe has said, then shown him to be wrong
    > (Ussery showed that bacterial flagella can have fewer proteins that Behe
    "claimed", and Robison showed that the TCA cycle is not IC as Behe"claimed").
    However, both were not properly representing Behe's statements - apparently
    unintentionally - so their conclusions were irrelevant. Those not familiar
    with both sides probably took Ussery's orRobison's position as being
    conclusive, even though both were in fact flawed.

    > >FMAJ: Nice logic. Others were wrong so Wesley could be wrong?

    >> DNAunion: Yes, other well-known anti-ID scientists have made incorrect
    representations of ID concepts apparently without meaning to, so it is
    possible that Wesley did so also. That sounds logical to me.

    >>FMAJ: That's a poor argument.

    DNAunion: No it isn't. It would be a poor argument if I were actually
    claiming that Elseberry was wrong, but I am not.

    >>FMAJ: Of course it is possible that Wesley made an incorrect
    representation but so far you have not shown this to be the case. And if I
    understand your 'argument' you will not do this either.

    DNAunion: FMAJ might just be getting it - and it only took telling him
    explicitly about 6 times, and indirectly about another half dozen times.
    Amazing.

    >>FMAJ: Why not address the arguments?

    >> DNAunion: There's that unwillingness of yours to accept others'
    statements, shining through again. Hey, numbskull, pay attention and learn.
    It doesn't matter how many times you ask me, I have stated that it is not up
    to me to resolve the issue - that is between Elseberry and Dembski. I do not
    claim to be a "Dembski-ologist".

    >>FMAJ: Nice ad hominem. But your inability to support your assertions are
    duely noted.

    DNAunion: As is your continuing inability to understand very simple
    sentences even when repeated to you numerous times. I think I would rather
    be temporarily rude than permanently ….

    >>DNAunion: Then there is always the possibility that Demsbki misspoke. What
    if Dembski omitted something that made a difference, or added something he
    didn't intend to, or was ambiguous on something, etc. His writings may not be
    an accurate reflection of his own EF!?! Or what if Dembski has revised his EF
    since (I have seen a couple versions of it myself).

    >>FMAJ: Show that Wesley's argument is wrong or that Dembski misspoke.

    >> DNAunion: Make me.

    >>FMAJ: Not necessary. Your inability to support your own assertions are
    duely noted.

    DNAunion: I have supported my assertion - Elseberry *could be* wrong: heck,
    even you admitted that a few exchanges above!!

    > >FMAJ: So far you are merely speculating.

    >> DNAunion: What is wrong with mere speculation? After all, that is the very
     foundation of OOL research! What's more, I make it clear that I am
    speculating and not stating things as fact. You should try it sometime.

    >>FMAJ: Why? I like to support my arguments.

    DNAunion: Great! I'm still waiting for your support of a purely-natural
    origin of life on Earth. I am only asking you to do something you just said
    you LIKE to do, so you will surely be eager to provide me with the details.
    Right?

    […]

    >>FMAJ: But you can suggest that there is a possibility that Wesley is wrong
    though you will not attempt showing that this is the case.

    DNAunion: Yep, because I have been open about my tentative and ill-informed
    position that Elseberry *could be* wrong.

    >>DNAunion: … and that FMAJ and others should make a clear distinction
    between what you concluded, and what Dembski states/believes. That is, if
    they quote YOUR material, then they should attribute the conclusions and
    beliefs to YOU, not Dembski.

    >>FMAJ: I did not attribute the conclusions to Dembski dear.

    >> DNAunion: I am a man - please don't call me *dear* if you too are a man -
    I don't appreciate homosexual advances.

    >>FMAJ: Oh dear....

    DNAunion: Quick note. This was one of FMAJ's many references to me as
    "Dear" *after* I told him I found his doing so offensive: which he took as a
    cue to *INCREASE* his use of the term. Nothing like trying one's best to
    offend and/or irritate the opponent (but since FMAJ is not an IDist, his
    offenses are allowed by the majority here).

    […]