IDer's ad hominems against evolutionist disassociated from (CSI, GAs,

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 14:53:12 EDT

    Although DNAunion didn't say anything more abusive than I've heard from
    Darwinists,
    I was also bothered by DNAunion's name calling. In my judgement such
    practice is more common among Darwinists than among ID supporters. It would
    be hard to imagine more personal attack than what passes for debate on Talk
    Origins. Stephen doesn't question anyone's motives, intelligence, honesty or
    sincerely. He does question people's philosophy. I believe one philosophy
    is more valid than another, but personal judgement is the only means of
    distinguishing that validity, so I grant everyone's right to develop their
    own philosophy. Although I am not in agreement with Phillip Johnson's
    politics or religion, I do agree that Darwinism (chance mutation and natural
    selection as the designer of life's complexity) has been an attempt to impose
    materialism upon society as TRUTH. I am grateful for those who have spoken
    out against it.

     I disagreed with Darwinism long before I had personal contact with any
    Darwinist. However Darwinists' lack of tolerance has caused me, an agnostic,
    to feel distaste for materialists, and atheists in particular.

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan

    PS
    I actually know some extremely tolerant materialists, but they don't happen
    to be trying to promote Darwinism.