Re: ID *does* require a designer! (but it does not need to identify who or wh...

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 05:26:54 EDT

    >[start extract] RW: The hypothesis with which we're concerned here, the "ID
    hypothesis", is the assertion that "an intelligent designer was involved in
    the origin of
    life"(or something like that).

    >Maybe Richard should take a bit more time to find out first what exactly it
    is he is claiming to refute. As I have stated a number of times recently, the
    "ID hypothesis" is not about "an intelligent designer" but about intelligent
    *design*.[end extract]

    > Richard Wein:So Stephen did not state "ID does not require a designer" in
    so many words. But that's the only logical way to interpret his reply.>

    >DNAunion: Absolutely not. The *most* logical way to read the statement
    (which means that another of your claims is wrong, i.e., that there is *only
    one* logical way to interpret his reply) is just as he stated elsewhere: the
    focus of the ID position is not on the *intelligent designer*, but on the
    detection of *intelligent design*. Get it yet?

    >Richard Wein: Oh dear, DNA, I once thought you were a cut above the average
    IDer.

    DNAunion: And I once thought you would not stoop to twisting someone's words
    to save face - I guess we were both wrong.

    >Richard Wein: Unfortunately, some of your recent posts, including this one,
    have shown that you're just as illogical as the rest of them.

    DNAunion: Sorry if I helped point out your error - no need to get nasty.