Fw: Re: Euphemisms and More (was What really killed T. Rex?)

From: bill r wald (billwald@juno.com)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 17:18:15 EDT

    Dear Chris

    >If the alleged rights of one "human being" can be used to
    > totally deny the rights of another human being, the concept
    > of rights itself is reduced to logical nonsense -- . . . .

    It's a violation of human rights to require child support payments? <G>

    (some) People with Alzheimer's and ALS are the mental and/or physical
    equivalent of the unborn. OK to kill them?

    It's your use of "totally" which causes the problem. Compare a 9 month
    pregnancy with the old 2 year military draft. Pregnancy worse than boot
    camp?

    Personally, I deny the concept of human rights and subscribe to social
    contract theory.

    billwald@juno.com

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.