Re: ID *does* require a designer! (but it does not need to identify who or what he/it is)

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 19:13:43 EDT

    From: Stephen E. Jones <sejones@iinet.net.au>

    >Reflectorites
    >
    >Re: Behe and design inference: What does it mean?
    >
    >On Sun, 1 Oct 2000 22:51:05 +0100, Richard Wein wrote:
    >
    >[...]
    >
    >RW>Stephen Jones even claims that ID does not necessarily entail a
    designer.
    >>But, if it doesn't entail a designer, what's the point of it? What *does*
    it
    >>entail?
    >
    >[...]
    >
    >On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:53:32 +0100, Richard Wein wrote:
    >
    >Re: Reply to CCogan: Waste and computer evolution

    >>Stephen Jones, our resident ID proponent, has even claimed that ID does
    not
    >>require a designer!
    >
    >[...]
    >
    >For the umpteenth time I do not claim that "ID does not *require* a
    >designer". I claim that ID does not need to specify who (or what) exactly
    >the designer(s) is.

    I distinctly remember seeing you make such a claim, but I will assume it was
    simply a misunderstanding. This is the first time I've seen you deny it. I'm
    glad that misunderstanding has now been cleared up.

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    "Do the calculation. Take the numbers seriously. See if the underlying
    probabilities really are small enough to yield design."
      -- W. A. Dembski, who has never presented any calculation to back up his
    claim to have detected Intelligent Design in life.