Re: ID and Creationism

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 18:37:40 EDT

    From: Stephen E. Jones <sejones@iinet.net.au>
    [...]
    >Here is a test of "dogmatism". I have in the past stated that I am prepared
    >to admit that I could be completely wrong about theism, Christianity, ID
    >and/or creationism and that atheism, Darwinism, and/or naturalistic
    >evolution could be completely right.
    >
    >I have invited Chris and other atheists to similarly state publicly that
    they
    >could be completely wrong about atheism, Darwinism, and/or naturalistic
    >evolution and that theism, Christianity, ID and/or creationism could be
    >completely right.
    >
    >To date, AFAIK, no atheist has been willing to admit this.

    I did so shortly after joining the Reflector and again recently in response
    to another of your challenges.

    However, I don't consider this to be an effective test of dogmatism. One may
    say that one is open-minded, and even genuinely believe it, but that does
    not make it so. You are clearly not open-minded on most of the subjects
    discussed here.

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    "Do the calculation. Take the numbers seriously. See if the underlying
    probabilities really are small enough to yield design."
      -- W. A. Dembski, who has never presented any calculation to back up his
    claim to have detected Intelligent Design in life.