Re: Information request re: Dawkins' "weasel" algorithm

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 13:22:59 EDT

    Oh dear. Maximum embarrassment. ;-)

    I've just taken a trip down to the public library to re-read the relevant
    section of TBW. (They only had a reference copy in stock, so I couldn't
    bring it home with me.) It turns out my memory of the Weasel model was
    faulty. Wesley was right. Both Dembski and I were wrong.

    My aplogies to Wesley and all whose time I've wasted.

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    "Do the calculation. Take the numbers seriously. See if the underlying
    probabilities really are small enough to yield design."
      -- W. A. Dembski, who has never presented any calculation to back up his
    claim to have detected Intelligent Design in life.