Re: The Wedge Project

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 13:23:29 EDT

    >SeJones: This is old news. My recollection is that it was posted to the Reflector some time ago. Presumably to heighten the impression of some sort of conspiracy by the ID movement, Susan gives the impression that this is the first time she had heard of it, which I must say say I would find hard to believe.

    >FMAJ: Nice ad hominem

    >DNAunion: Sure, you recognize "that" as an ad hom, but Susan's calling me a creationist and dishonest without even knowing me, well that you think is fine?

    >FMAJ: Nice non sequitor as well as strawman. Boy, this must be a night of logical fallacies.

    DNAUnion: You need to look up the definition of strawman before you use it.

    And the point is valid. SeJones said of Susan "I would find [it] hard to believe" that "this is the first time she had heard of it" - and you call that an ad hom.

    On the other hand, Susan calls me, Mike, and others at ARN DISHONEST and CREATIONISTS (obviously meaning it in it fullest insluting connotation) without knowing my, Mike's, or the others' positions or beliefs, and that is not an ad hom?????

    Come one, get real.