Re: muliplte persona alert!

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 20:45:23 EDT

    >Huxter: Last post from me on the topic

    DNAunion: Good, then this will be the last time I have to reply to you on
    this. I - as the defendant - will have some fun with this if you don't mind.

    >Huxter: I find it ironic that a chap who feels the need to post under
    several aliases on the same board and in fact have them compliment each other

    DNAunion: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I ask that my client - me - be
    found not guilty on all charges, either due to technicalities or outright
    errors and oversights in the prosecution's case.

    First, a minor point. In his latest charges, Huxter claims that I - while
    supposedly posting under SEVERAL different names at once at another site -
    used multiple identities to "compliment each other". I do not recall
    Huxter's evidence for this. As DNAunion, I did quote from my posts as
    WWASIAUC and did say that the earlier statements were correct: they were mine
    after all and I had not so quickly turned on myself and I was continuing the
    same discussions I had started earlier: just in a more polite manner). To
    the best of my recollection, that is as far as the "complimenting" went -
    confirmation that the earlier statements were correct and that the opponent
    was wrong for claiming them to be incorrect (note: obviously I don't recall
    every statement of every post I made at that site: but I do believe my above
    statements are correct and feel that Huxter should provide evidence that they
    are not: seeing as how I am innocent until proven guilty and all).

    Now to the more important points.

    In this last of his charges, Huxter says that I posted under *SEVERAL* names
    at another site. In order for his claim to be valid, he MUST count the ONE
    time I INADVERTENTLY posted under ArnOrg, but I don't feel this single post
    should be counted. As explained elsewhere, because I navigated to the site
    from one of my work computers, the web site logged me in AUTOMATICALLY as
    ArnOrg - an account I set up from that computer but then never used - and it
    was not until AFTER I posted (the one and only message under that name, by
    the way) that I could tell I was not logged in under DNAunion: by that time,
    it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to go back and change the name under which the post
    was made. This single posting under ArnOrg was hardly a voluntary and/or
    dishonest act on my part.

    Therefore, I believe the most Huxter has the right to claim here is that I
    posted under TWO names, not SEVERAL. But even this charge seems inaccurate.

    As explained elsewhere, I never posted as both people at once: I started off
    as WWASIAUC, then left, then came back as DNAunion. So I was not posting
    under two names simultaneously at any site.

    Furthermore, as explained elsewhere, my motive for dropping out and coming
    back under a different name was NOT DISHONEST: my purpose was to erase a
    negative history between me and the person to which I had been responding the
    most and to thereby allow our uncivil exchanges to return to polite and civil
    exchanges. Again, I dispute the charge of being DISHONEST in this matter as
    my motives were purely honorable.

    Furthermore, as explained elsewhere, the site had no rules against posting
    under multiple names so I was not in contempt or violation of ANY rules.
    Here is the URL to that boards rules for those who wish to check for
    themselves:

    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguerules.showMessage?topicID=2.top

    ic

    Now, if a law is in effect in Georgia, and someone violates that law *while
    in Georgia*, then that person has done wrong and deserves to be arrested.
    However, if the law that is on the books in Georgia is not on the books in
    California, and someone in California "breaks the Georgia law", then that
    person has NOT violated any laws and is not subject to arrest. Same goes
    with my posting under only 2 names at separate times at a different site
    which had no rules against posting even under 10 names at once: I violated no
    rules.

    Hence, I ask that the charges of (1) dishonesty and (2) wrongdoing in posting
    under multiple names be dropped and the case dismissed.

    Now, about some of the others of Huxter's original charges.

    Huxter implied that I was posting under multiple names here: that is untrue,
    plain and simple. I ask that the charges be dropped.

    Furthermore, Huxter implied that I posted under multiple names at ARN. Yet
    another of Huxter's unfounded insinuations that is flat out wrong. I ask
    that the chages against me be dropped.

    Furthermore, Huxter is in the wrong. He should not post rumors, hunches, or
    gossip about others. If he feels he must (which he should not), then he
    should not place anyone's name in the e-mail which associates them with such
    rumors, hunches, and gossip. If he suspects something or someone has done
    something questionable, he should either avoid using names, or ask the person
    privately and politely (for example, another person who posts here did ask
    someone else about the possiblitiy that he/she might have used more than 1
    identity at different times: this would have been the proper way for Huxter
    to handle the situation). There was no need for Huxter to run around like
    chicken little screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling": that is,
    to blare out "Alerts" and "Be wary" warnings about "Imposters" and
    "multiple-name posters here" with my name anywhere in the e-mail. There were
    multiple ways for Huxter to handle his hunches, and he chose the one that
    would stir up the most contempt against his opponents: a ploy: a tactic.

    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as the prosecution has rested its case in
    this matter, so too now does the defense rest its case (but reserves the
    right to defend against any other charges by any other people in regards to
    this issue).