Re: Dr. Roland Hirsch

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 13:32:52 EDT

    >2. "cellular processes are ... irreducibly complex" in that "gradual, step-by-
    >step evolution of the process would not work, for none of the intermediate
    >stages would be "selected" because none of the intermediate stages would
    >be functional."

    Chris
    This is essentially irrelevant to Darwinian evolution. It's the same old
    idiocy of claiming that there is no route at all between two cities if
    there is no *straight-line* route, or that, if there is no entrance to a
    building on the side we happen to see, then there must be no entrance at all.

    >3. "recent research in information theory...concludes that random mutations
    >cannot create complex, biologically-specified genetic information."

    Stephen, you shouldn't believe just *anything* you read that happens to be
    oriented toward supporting your views. Get a grip, man.

    The claim is simply false, unless the research is fatally flawed. Not only
    is it false in information-theory terms, it's also false in mathematical
    terms; it is mathematically disprovable.