RE: Blood clotting and IC'ness?

From: Nelson Alonso (nalonso@megatribe.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 12:16:55 EDT

    << Nelson:
    Since you have not shown any pathways to any IC systems I still think that
    IC systems are a reliable detector of design.

    FMA:
    If you believe that IC is still a reliable detector of design, can you show
    how it can exclude a natural pathway as a designer?

    Nelson:
    An irreducibly complex systems can only be built simultaneously. Thus
    physical precursors are eliminated as the designer. It can not be built
    gradually , step by step.

    Nelson:
    As I illustrated with the Dawkins discussion of the 91 membranes, it
    succesfully eliminates natural selection.

    FMA:
    Not really. All you are attacking is the strawman that natural selection can
    only take direct routes.

    Nelson:
    Indirect routes are indistinguishable from direct ones and invoke pure
    random chance. They are non-Darwinian.

    FMA:
    Even Behe admits that there are indirect routes,
    although he seems to reject them without much supporting argument and
    evidence.

    Nelson:
    Another handwave.