Re: 1. Mike Behe's letter to SCIENCE, 2. Provine & Gish's letters, 3. Less of my posts!

From: Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 12:50:27 EDT

    At 09:38 AM 07/17/2000 -0700, billwald@juno.com wrote:
    > >Mike says that ID is detectable by irreducible complexity.
    >
    >That's only another way of saying, "Don't know how it happened."

    That could be a good response. But, unfortunately, it responds to an issue
    that is different from the one you raised. You claimed that Mike provided
    no way to detect ID, I responded that he did. Your reply above is a non
    sequitur that changed the topic.

    >By the way, do you see any evidence of intelligent design in Mark Toby's
    >paintings? If so, what is it? Do they have irreducible complexity? <G>

    I don't believe that anyone in the ID movement claims that design can
    always be detected. For instance, do Toby's paintings fit the criterion of
    irreducible complexity?

    I disapprove of ID masquerading as science, but I also can't condone
    baseless criticism of it.

    cheers,

    Steven S. Clark, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor of Human Oncology and
    Member, UW Comprehensive Cancer Center
    University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
    600 Highland Ave, K4/432
    Madison, WI 53792

    Office: (608) 263-9137
    FAX: (608) 263-4226