Re: Two alternatives to theistic design theory, etc.

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@novagate.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 15:55:24 EDT

    Richard Wein commented:

    > I would say that any rational, well-informed person, whether atheist *or*
    > theist, has no choice but to believe in evolution.

    I think we agree here, but I would word it differently. I would say that any
    rational and well-informed person, whether atheist or theist, should find
    the scientific concept of evolutionary development to be empirically
    warranted and a highly credible theme of the formational history of the
    universe.

    He also went on to assert:

    > Most atheists
    > become atheists as a result (in part) of accepting evolution; not
    > the other way around.

    I sincerely doubt this, but I'm willing to learn something. From what
    responsible survey does this claim come? Where and when were the results
    published?

    Howard Van Till