Re: Latest Virus Alert

From: Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 17:28:12 EDT

    Reflectorites

    This virus alert message was sent around my workplace today (21 June),
    about a new email virus contained in a text file attachment .

    Sent: Tuesday, 20 June 2000 12:13
    Subject: Latest Virus Alert

    To All Staff,

            We have received alerts of a new e-mail virus
    ("LIFE_STAGES") that is spreading quickly. This virus is similar to
    recent virus as it uses the e-mail system to spread, mailing a copy of
    the file 'Life_Stages.txt' to all people in the global address list. We have
    updated our e-mail antivirus software to detect and remove this virus,
    your desktop virus scanner should also have been updated
    automatically with the latest pattern file. If you have any questions, or
    if you receive a file with the attachment 'life_stages.txt', please contact
    the IT Helpdesk ...

    Stephen E. (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ Email: sejones@iinet.net.au
    3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Web: http://www.iinet.net.au/~sejones
    Warwick 6024 -> *_,--\_/ Phone: +61 8 9448 7439
    Perth, Western Australia v "Test everything." (1 Thess. 5:21)