Re: The Design Inference

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 19:53:40 EDT

    I'd like to correct something I wrote in an earlier post.

    I said that I thought Wesley Esberry had misinterpreted Dembski in his
    review of TDI
    (http://inia.cls.org/~welsberr/zgists/wre/papers/dembski7.html). As a result
    of some correspondence with Wesley, I'd now like to say that Wesley hasn't
    misinterpreted Dembski, but that we've drawn very different conclusions from
    TDI.

    - Wesley (if I've understood correctly) thinks that living organisms may
    fall into Dembski's "design" category, but that "design" (sensu Dembski)
    doesn't necessarily imply intelligent agency.

    - I think that living organisms *don't* fall into Dembski's "design"
    category, but that "design" (sensu Dembski) *does* imply intelligent agency,
    subject to the possibility that there may be a non-design explanation that
    we haven't yet considered.

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    "When I told people I wanted to be a comedian, they laughed at me. Well,
    they're not laughing now!" -- Bob Monkhouse, comedian.