Re: The *Fact* of evolution!

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 17:39:37 EDT

    >Susan Brassfield wrote:
    >
    >>>Wow, a real Darwinian. Huxley's warning against this gradualist absolutism
    >>>wasn't heeded by Darwin and isn't heeded by you.
    >>
    >>Obviously I didn't make myself very clear. Even very rapid evolution is
    >>glacial compared the the span of a human lifetime. "Rapid" can mean 1000
    >>years.

    Cliff Lundberg:
    >I'm trying to save evolutionary theory, you're making it look silly
    >by insisting on impossibilities and brushing aside objections in
    >defense of a model that was ridiculed by T.H. Huxley from the start.

    So toward this end you are ignoring Vernon Jenkins's silly remarks and
    jumping all over me for answering them? I'm not quite sure how this
    strategy of yours is going to work.

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/