Re: Intelligent Design 2/3

From: Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 17:59:07 EDT

    Reflectorites

    On Sat, 13 May 2000 18:54:33 +0800, Stephen E. Jones wrote:

    [...]

    >"What is science going to look like once Intelligent Design succeeds?
    >To answer this question we need to be clear what we mean by
    >Intelligent Design. Intelligent Design is not repackaged creationism,
    >nor religion masquerading as science. Intelligent Design holds that
    >intelligent causation is an irreducible feature of the bio-physical
    >universe, and furthermore that intelligent causation is empirically
    >detectable. It is unexceptionable that intelligent causes can do things
    >which unintelligent causes cannot. Intelligent Design provides a
    >method for distinguishing between intelligent and unintelligent causes,
    >and then applies this method to the special sciences."
    >(Dembski W.A., "The Explanatory Filter," The Real Issue, 16 May 1997.
    >http://www.origins.org/mc/resources/r19602/dembski.html)

    [...]

    This should have been:

    http://www.origins.org/real/ri9602/dembski.html

    Apologies and thanks to those who pointed this out.

    Stephen E. (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ Email: sejones@iinet.net.au
    3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Web: http://www.iinet.net.au/~sejones
    Warwick 6024 -> *_,--\_/ Phone: +61 8 9448 7439
    Perth, Western Australia v "Test everything." (1 Thess. 5:21)