Re: KAK virus in Calvin messages

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 07:40:43 EDT

    Don,

    I'm glad to be able to say that I've never been infected by a virus (of the
    computer variety, that is), and I know little about them. So could you
    please clarify something for me. What kinds of files can contain a virus?
    Obviously EXE files. I know Word files can contain a virus in a macro (but I
    have Word set not to execute macros). Can HTML files contain macros? (In
    Java code?) Any other commonly used file types?

    Sorry for being off-topic, but I suspect this may be of interest to other
    people too.

    Richard Wein