RE: How is this for an Anti-Evolutionist's use of quotes?

From: Hofmann, Jim (jhofmann@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 22:40:23 EDT

     On isochrons, see

    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/isochron-dating.html

    (It's all in one color and one font.)
    :)
    Jim Hofmann
    http://nsmserver2.fullerton.edu/departments/chemistry/evolution_creation/web
    /

    -----Original Message-----
    From: John M. Lynch
    To: Allen & Diane Roy
    Cc: Evolution Reflector
    Sent: 5/3/00 7:30 PM
    Subject: Re: How is this for an Anti-Evolutionist's use of quotes?

    Allen & Diane Roy wrote:
    [snip]
    > Since, assumptions 3 and 5 are commonly false, then the whole concept
    > is pseudoscience nonsense (to put it kindly). If you want to accept
    > radiometric dating, go ahead. No amount of rationalization can make
    > falsified assumptions valid. I prefer my logic to be sound.

    ... and you've managed to completely ignore the fact that deviations
    from these assumptions can be detected (e.g. isochron analysis). If they
    are 'commonly false,' we know when they are, and why.

    It's analogous to a test for, say, a biochemical disease. It works
    _most_ of the time, and by use of controls etc we can detect when it
    wont work.

    -jml