Re: Gene duplication and design

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 12:48:50 EDT

    > physical intelligence, etc.,

    Be serious. <G> This phrase was invented by do-gooders for the purpose of
    elevating the academic status of a specific group of people who
    consistantly score a standard deviation below the rest of the human race
    on every written test ever devised.

    >I don't have to "condone suffering", to recognize it as an essential
    piece of
    >reality. Without evil, what would be the point of making moral choices?

    >Indeed, no one would have a choice, and I regard a life without choices
    >intolerable. Without suffering, what would be meaning of joy? Without

    >challenge and the possibility of failure, what would be the satisfaction
    of
    >achievement? Without death, would life have value?

    This is basically a religious statement. Suffering is basically the
    stimulation of a particular set of nerves and joy is the stimulation of a
    different set. Suffering does not have a moral component unless a human
    is intentionally doing the stimulating.

    There isn't any experiment or data which demonstrates the existance of
    the concept of free will.

    Life only has value in a religious context. (economically and socially,
    some humans have more value as compost than as living entities)

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.