Re: Novel paradigms?

From: MikeBGene@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 17:51:29 EDT

    Howard:

    >Although proponents of ID have been careful never to provide a candid
    >definition of just what it means "to be (or have been) intelligently
    designed"
    >the vast majority of their argumentation appears directed toward the
    >conclusion that "some bio-X could not have come to be formed by any
    >known natural means, therefore it must have been intelligently designed.""

    I should clarify that this is not how I use ID. Since I am talking
    history and not philosophy, it's not a question of what is possible or
    not, it's a question of what happened. If Howard wants to deduce
    the happening of abiogenesis with theology and philosophy, that's
    fine with me. But if Howard wants to convince me that abiogenesis
    actually happened in accord with his belief system, he'll need some
    old fashioned evidence that points beyond the inherently weak claim
    of "it's possible."

    Mike