Re: Marxism and Darwinism

From: Tedd Hadley (hadley@reliant.yxi.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 12:59:49 EST

    Bertvan@aol.com writes
      in message <77.2193524.25fa8058@aol.com>:

     <snip>
    > Materialists who fear "creationism" seem to fear someone is
    > going to try to impose some religious belief upon them. Perhaps
    > materialists are not as secure as they would like to be with
    > their philosophy. Do they fear someone has a religious belief
    > that is going to "take over the world"?

       Materialists see most forms of creationism as a step backwards--
       as regress rather than progress, superstition rather than science.
       Fearing *belief in* creationism is no different then fearing
       belief in astrology, or belief in witchcraft.

    > I'd like to assure materialists that the day has passed in our
    > society when anyone can impose any religious belief, including
    > materialism, upon anyone. Why not acknowledge that nature does
    > indeed appear to be the result an infinitely complex design
    > and let everyone come to their own conclusions about the origin
    > of that design?

       Why not acknowledge that natural mechanisms appear to result
       in infinitely complex design and let everyone come to their
       own conclusions about the origin of natural mechanisms (in
       the absence of evidence)?

     <snip>