Re: Just FTR

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 10:51:43 EST

    >Susan Brassfield wrote:
    >
    >>it would be trivially easy to prove conclusively that all Christians
    >>worshiped Satan. (Only the middle eastern religions like Christianity have
    >>Satan as a component, "Lucifer" means "light" and Christ repeatedly refers
    >>to himself using "light" metaphors, etc.)

    Cliff Lundberg:
    >'Lucifer' [light-bearer] was an epithet of the king of Babylon when it fell.
    >Wartime propaganda vilified him to the extent that he was identified
    >with the devil himself. This is pure happenstance and has nothing to
    >do with the nature of Christianity. What culture anywhere does not use
    >light to symbolize good?

    :-) none! and the Christians' most evil god is called "Light-Bearer"! and
    all religions (as you say) use light to symbolize their highest good.

    But you miss my point. I am making the case here (in jest, of course) that
    all Christians worship Satan, and Satan is evil, therefore Christians are
    evil. They bring an evil philosophy on an unsuspecting world. *Therefore*
    the ends justify the means. I need not be factually accurate in my
    arguments or even scrupulously truthful. Appeals to emotions rather than
    reason are perfectly acceptable. And the fact that Christians would get
    hotly angry at my arguments is merely more evidence that what I say is
    true! All Christians worship Satan! It's patently obvious!

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/