Re: non random mutations

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 19:29:50 EST

    In a message dated 2/20/00 12:00:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, Bertvan@aol.com
    writes:

    << Until that mechanism IS known, I argue that anyone who wants to
     believe "God does it" is entitled. When all of nature is completely
     understood, I will gracefully acknowledge materialism. >>

    What a brilliant position for a non-scientist to take. Sadly, real
    scientists would be shackled by such a ridiculous notion. It must be easy to
    be a creationist - set up unrealistic goals for 'them' to meet, knowing that
    they will NEVER be met - certainly not in out lifetimes - then sit back and
    claim a 'superior' philosophical worldview.

    Tell you what Bert - when your anthropomorphic God floats down on a flaming
    cloud to the White House lawn, causes flaming hail to fall from a clear sky,
    makes the Potomac run red with blood (literally), and inundates the earth
    again to the peak of the highest mountain, I will gladly embrace
    supernaturalistic anti-materialism. Until then, do not try to legislate it
    down our throats as 'science'.

    Deal?