Re: Pop Quiz : Vertebrates make up what percentage of the animal kingdom?, etc

From: Joel Duff (joelduff@nls.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 11:03:44 EST

    >http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/ ABCNEWS January 17, 2000 ...
    >Pop Quiz Vertebrates make up what percentage of the animal kingdom?
    >(X) 4 percent () 14 percent () 23 percent () 73 percent Correct! ... [This
    >quiz reveals that vertebrates only make up 4% of animals. Yet the strongest
    >claimed evidence for evolution comes from that 4%. The other 96% of
    >animals, seem to be mostly ignored by evolutionists, presumably because it
    >does not provide as good evidence for evolution?

    Pop Quiz: Percentage of research dollars and time spent on studying
    vertebrates vs other members of the animal kingdom? () 4% () 14% () 23%
    (X) >73%. Correct. Maybe most of our knowledge comes from the fact most
    of the time has been placed in vertebrates for a variety of reasons, some
    good some bad.

    Now you know the rest of the story.

    TTFN,

    Joel