RE: Where's the science?--AGAIN

John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:51:27 -0600

Your point is a good one (though inferences may be either
certain/demonstrated or uncertain -- neither "infer" nor "imply" imply
uncertainty). But ID proponents do have a persistent habit of overstating
their case, too. As I mentioned earlier, evolutionary proponents, theistic
and naturalistic, are often sloppy too (which is obvious, no? :^< ), but,
unfairly or not, they can and will get away with it because they're the
status quo, they're espousing the established paradigm which inevitably
receives the benefit of the doubt. ID proponents need to become more
careful with their claims if they're to be taken more seriously in
mainstream science. And ultimately what they need, if they wish to be taken
seriously qua science rather than philosophy (even the correct philosophy),
is empirically predictive results that surpass those of MN evolutionary
theory.