Re: The Quote Book

Susan B (susan-brassfield@ou.edu)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 18:36:23 -0600 (CST)

At 10:03 AM 12/4/99 +0800, you wrote:
>Reflectorites
>
>On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:52:58 -0600 (CST), Susan B wrote:
>
>SB>Has anybody ever heard of "The Revised Quote Book" put out
>>by the Creation Science Foundation of Brisbane, Australia?
>
>Since I quoted from it recently in one of my responses to Susan's "Why
>lie?" post, to the effect that the reason creationists quoted from
>evolutionists is because they *are* still believers in evolution, clearly I
have
>heard of the RQB and indeed I own a copy of it.

So are you inadvertently answering my question about how you manage to find
Mayr, Gould, Elderige, etc. quotes which--when lifted out of context--seem
to be unflattering to evolution?

I'm somewhat familiar with Mayr's works. His books are huge and turgidly
written. I would think finding the exact page in one of them that says
something bad about evolution would be a daunting task. Yet you said you
always read a page or two before and after a quote so that you can
understand the context. I asked how you knew which page to read and you
didn't answer. Are you answering now?

Susan
--------
Peace is not the absence of conflict--it is the presence of justice.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Please visit my website:
http://www.telepath.com/susanb