Re: Copyright and the Reflector

glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:48:38 +0000

At 02:43 PM 11/29/99 -0600, Steve Clark wrote:
>At 10:50 AM 11/29/99 -0700, Terry M. Gray wrote:
>Finally, copyright protection is automatic on any original work you
>create. You do not have to have the work registered in order to be
>protected under copyright law.

Being the owner of several registered copyrights (done through the Library
of Congress), I agree completely with what Steve has written. The one
advantage to having a work registered is that the damages for copyright
violation go way up if it is registered.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm