Re: Design theory verses burden of proof.

Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noe.com)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:54:41 -0800

Susan Brassfield wrote:

>In Darwin's day it was thought that the earth was millions of years old. It
>was a weakness in Darwin's theory because that was not enough time for
>evolution to have happened. Almost a half-century after he died
>cosmologists and physicists discovered that the earth and the universe were
>*billions* of years old. They changed everyone's mind about the short
>life-span of the earth, but not by saying "well, we feel it's lots older,
>that's our opinion and we're entitled to our opinion." They did it by
>presenting convincing evidence.

Like the evidence that shows that the formation of all the major metazoan
phyla took place within 5 million years?

Maybe you need to put that argument away; it doesn't work anymore.

--Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  cliff@noe.com