Re: All forms of science designed for discussion

MikeBGene@aol.com
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 05:08:53 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 4:14:08 PM Dateline Standard Time,
mortongr@flash.net writes:

<< >In a message dated 11/23/99 1:38:16 PM Dateline Standard Time,
>mortongr@flash.net writes:
>
>> I have just discovered something. It appears that Jonathon Wells is a
>>Moonie.

Me:

>Gasp! I suppose this logically translates into a disproof of every
>thing Wells says.

Glenn:

>Of course not and if You would actually read what I said, my point was that
>ID was going to do no good for Christianity. If you have a relevant comment
>to that point, then make it otherwise, don't waste our time!

Since I obviously replied to this point below, I obviously read what you
said.

Glenn:

>>As I have said many times, the ID movement really won't do Christianity any
>>good as it can be applied to any religion including Islam.

Me:

>I suppose this is meaningful for those only looking for things
>that will "do Christianity any good." But let's not forget that we
>could say the very same about Glenn: "Glenn's views really don't
>do Christianity any good as they can be applied to any religion."

Glenn:

>Not so, my view is a concordance of the Bible with Science not the Koran
>with science. You obviously don't take any time to research what you speak
>about!!!!

I do concede that I have not researched your views, as I was simply going
by what you have posted to this list. As far as I can tell, your views
entail that things originated through standard abiogenesis and evolutionary
theory, only that you see God behind the whole series of events. I don't
see how Islam, or practically any other religion, would be opposed to this.
Perhaps you can share the aspects of your views about origins that only
a Christian could have?

Mike