Re: Character assassination campaigns

Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:29:36 -0600

>Bertvan wrote:
>
>JB>I count my psychiatrist as a valued friend and health care provider.
>
>JB>Jim Behnke
>
>BV>Hi Jim,
>
>BV>Are you mentally ill? If not what are you doing with a psychiatrist?
>BV>bertvan

Wesley:
>There was no message from Behnke in the list. Did Berthajane
>choose to publish private email and then add a pejorative response
>on top of that? If so, that doesn't seem to be in line with the
>desiderata of the list as far as interpersonal interaction is
>concerned.

because of the screwy way this list generates posts, posting a private
message easy mistake to make.

This is NOT a private message.

I have been in therapy off and on for over 20 years. It was nearly always a
very positive and healing experience. I count my last therapist (we worked
together for about 5 years) to be the most valuable mentor I ever had. I
have never been evaluated as being mentally ill. However, I did, as so many
others do, lack life skills. My parents didn't teach me Swahili because
they didn't know how to speak it. They didn't teach me how to live a happy
and productive life because they didn't know how to do that either.

I have more to say on the "Freud, Marx and Darwin" issue, but I'll do that
in another post.

Susan

For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
this one.
--Albert Camus

http://www.telepath.com/susanb/