Re: true things about evolution

Susan B (susan-brassfield@ou.edu)
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 22:18:29 -0600 (CST)

At 09:28 PM 11/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
>bertvan:
>I am merely a fascinated observer of those scientists such as Kauffman,
>Denton, Margulis, Spetner, Shapiro and the panspermia people who are
>interested in looking beyond "chance". I'm sure there are others out there
>that I haven't heard of.
>
>huxter:
>And I am interested that most of those folks you mention have an
>'anti-Darwinian' axe to grind.
>
>Bertvan
>Right!! Everyone searching for something less simplistic than "random
>mutation and natural selection" as an explanation for major biological
>novelties "has an anti-Darwinian axe to grind".

I don't think huxter saying that the list of people above has a body of
evidence which has persuaded them to become anti-Darwinian. I think huxter
is saying that these people have a pre-existing anti-Darwinian view and only
collect negative evidence, discarding anything else.

I'm extremely curious if you have read any of the works meant for the
general public which explains evolution? Beak of the Finch? Anything by
Gould? Donald Johanson? It might be interesting to you to read what
evolutionists actually say about evolution rather than read
misrepresentations of evolution by people who have a prior reason to dislike
it and wish to conceal the reality of it.

Yes, evolutionists sometimes use the word "chance" but that is hardly the
central focus of evolution. And I think they, like I, prefer "chance" to the
"whim" of some carefully unnamed "designer."

Susan
--------
Peace is not the absence of conflict--it is the presence of justice.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Please visit my website:
http://www.telepath.com/susanb