Re: Complexity of life

mortongr@flash.net
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 16:16:42 +0000

At 02:21 PM 11/07/1999 -0800, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
>At 10:00 PM 11/06/1999 +0000, Glenn wrote:
>>Why? I thought it was interesting. And are you suggesting that such
>>observations shouldn't be published or wouldn't be published if the other
>>paradigm were in control? What about the freedom for research? I have
>>reviewed papers that I did not agree with yet I recommended that they be
>>published because they were good papers and good defenses of their postion.
>>THat is the way it should be.
>
>I apologize. I wrote that note in a hurry when I was irritated about
>something else, and I am afraid I was a bit intolerant. Hi, Glenn.
>thanks for the courteous response!

No problem. Now back to the debate. :-)

Art, would you discount histological cellular types as a pretty good
indicator of the complexity of an animal? Would you say that a being with
210 cellular types is less complex than one with 2?
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm