Re: Two more gaps in the fossil record

Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noe.com)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 10:07:49 -0700

mortongr@flash.net wrote:

>Fascinating. While it isn't a mammal it still shows that the line of
>reasoning I was pursuing on this issue was wrong and thus I am wrong
>about land animals evolving hollow bones.

I too was happy to learn, by taking a second to research something.
I typed <"hollow bones" anatomy> on altavista and that was the very
first (and only good) reference that came up. For me this clears up
(to some degree) the question of which came first, hollow bones, or flight.

>Isn't the first time. THanks for the correction.

Same here, thanks for the discussion.

--Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  cliff@noe.com